Property Maintenance Standards
The City has adopted the International Property Maintenance Code, which ensures that all residential and business buildings and surrounding properties meet certain appearance and maintenance standards. These standards help maintain and improve the character of the community and protect and promote the public health, safety, and welfare of our residents. These standards include:
Property Maintenance Code & Handbook
- Adequate standards are established for the provision of light, air, and ventilation.
- Exterior of all buildings are properly maintained.
- Fire protection system standards are implemented.
- Maximum grass and weed height is established.
- Occupancy limitations are established to promote safe living environments.
- Plumbing and electric facilities are maintained in a safe condition.
- Premises are maintained in a clean condition free from any accumulation of garbage and / or junk.
View the code and handbook documents:
Per the City's Ordinance, signage is only permitted on private property with authorization by the property owner. This ensures that signage is placed with the property owner's consent.
Yard Sign Information
For more information, contact Code Enforcement Inspector Jon Oehler
at (513) 228-3157.